REPORT MAINTENANCE REQUESTS TO 410-553-9675.
THIS NUMBER IS FOR REGULAR CALLS MONDAY-FRIDAY 8:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. AND AFTER HOURS, WEEKENDS, AND HOLIDAYS FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY.
What is an emergency? An emergency maintenance request is something that could result in considerable property damage, threatens the health and/or safety of someone. Some examples are as follows:
- Gas leak or toxic fumes
- Sparking or downed wires
- Inoperable smoke detector
- No heat (seasonal)
- Inoperable elevators
- Damaged entrance doors
- Power outage
- Lockouts/lock changes
- Loss of refrigeration
- Severe water leaks.
- If in doubt as to whether your situation is an emergency call 410-553-9675.
FACILITIES MANAGEMENTThe Housing Commission has a maintenance staff to respond to your requests for repairs that are normal wear and tear. Any repairs necessary beyond normal wear and tear will be charged to the resident. If you have a request for maintenance that is not normal wear and tear it is still your responsibility to inform them, delayed repairs can result in further damage and additional costs to you.
When you have contacted the maintenance department this is authorizing them to enter your apartment to make the repair. Please understand it is not possible for them to schedule appointments. They also will enter your apartment by request from the Property Manager to address items noted during the inspection of your apartment. The technician will leave a door hanger in your apartment to inform you of the status of the work.
- Faucet drips, running toilets, and leaks should be reported immediately, they cause additional expenses on the water bill.
- Showers use less water than bathes. Don’t leave the water running while doing dishes, fill the sink, wash and then rinse the dishes.
- Setting your thermostat at a comfortable setting and leaving it alone will save on your utility bill instead of turning the thermostat up and down.
- Keep your shades closed in the summer to prevent direct sunlight from entering your apartment/townhouse; this will keep the apartment cooler.
- When you are not watching television, turn it off. If you are leaving the room turn the lights out.