Welcome to the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County
We are located in central Maryland just south of Baltimore and east of Washington, DC on the banks of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! The Commission is dedicated to strengthening communities and improving the lives of Anne Arundel County citizens focusing on the ownership, management, sustainability and preservation of affordable housing.
Established in 1968, the Housing Commission continues over 45 years of affordable housing and related services to low and moderate income citizens of Anne Arundel County. The agency currently provides assistance to nearly 3,000 families throughout the county in effort to fulfill our mission to provide quality housing choices and affordable communities.
As you browse through our website, it is our hope that you will find all of the information educational and enlightening. Enjoy your visit and we look forward to helping you with your housing needs.
ATTENTION CURRENT VOUCHER LANDLORDS:
***UPDATE*** We regret that some Housing Assistance Payments were either omitted or incorrect during our system conversion in March 2014. We have heard from many who received an incorrect payment or did not receive a payment and corrected those issues. Should you experience this issue in April 2014, please contact Kathy Marcum at email@example.com.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
ELIGIBILITY, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, ADMINISTRATION:
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM
HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER OFFICES:
Monday,Tuesday,Thursday and Friday; 8 AM – 1 PM & 2 PM – 4:30 PM
Closed on Wednesday
- Upcoming Board Meeting and Agency Plan Public Hearing- There will be a meeting of the Board of Commissioners that includes the Public Hearing regarding updates and revisions to the Housing Commission Agency Plan at 8:30 am on Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 7477 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd., Glen Burnie, MD in the 3rd floor conference room.
- The Board of Commissioners in December 2013 approved the submission of applications to convert the public housing communities to a more feasible affordable housing scenario, possibly using Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Private Financing and Project Based Rental Assistance. HUD has received the applications from HCAAC and we are currently in a “wait and see” period in the second tier of applications. Further updates on this process will be posted here.
- The Housing Commission receives a perfect score for FY2013 under HUD’s Section Eight Management Assessment Program! Congratulations to the staff, owners and program recipients!
- Our newest community, Heritage Crest, is fully leased! The Grand Opening is scheduled for April 24, 2014 by invitation only. We are still accepting applications for housing assistance. Interested applicants (you must be 62 years of age or older) can call 410-222-6226 for more information.
- Please be advised that there will be NO ISSUANCE of HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHERS until further notice. Due to federal budget cuts, there is a complete moratorium on the availability of vouchers. Should Congress finalize a budget with an increase in funding, vouchers may become available at that time. However, until such time, there are NO VOUCHER FUNDS available to lease new housing choice vouchers.