Welcome to the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County…We are located in central Maryland just south of Baltimore and east of Washington, DC on the banks of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! The Commission is dedicated to strengthening communities and improving the lives of Anne Arundel County citizens focusing on the ownership, management, sustainability and preservation of affordable housing. Established in 1968, the Housing Commission is proud to have offered 50 years of affordable housing and related services to low and moderate income citizens of Anne Arundel County. The agency currently provides assistance to nearly 3,000 families throughout the county in effort to fulfill our mission to provide quality housing choices and affordable communities.
Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List Accepting Applications beginning July 15, 2019Beginning on July 15, 2019, the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County will open the list for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program . The waitlist will remain open for new applications all year round. How do I sign up for the wait list?
- Visit hcaac.myhousing.com
- Visit our Resource Center.
- Call to request an application by mail.
- How can I get more information?
- You can email your question to email@example.com
- You can call the waitlist hotline at 410-222-6205
- What information is required to submit the waitlist application?
- An email address
- Household member information including names, birth dates, etc.
- Income sources details, such as: salary, social security benefits, child support, etc.
- Contact information, including address and phone number
- What do I do if I don’t have access to a computer/internet?You may use your smart phone, tablet or laptop to complete an application. The HCAAC office will have access to computers or the public library branches have free access.
What happens after I apply?
All applications received are placed on the waitlist by date and time. When subsidies become available applicants will be invited to participate in an orientation.
Already on the Waitlist…..you do NOT need to do anything. Your name and position will remain. To check your position call 410-761-2661.
If you are a person with disabilities that limit your ability to access the online application, please contact us to request a reasonable accommodation.Due to heavy call volume, you may get a faster response by emailing your question, instead of calling.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Main Contact Phone Number – 410-222-6200
Please note that all offices will be CLOSED on the following dates:
Monday, January 21, 2019 – * – Monday, February 18, 2019 – * – Monday, May 27, 2019 – * – Thursday, July 4, 2019
Friday, July 5, 2019 – * – Monday, September 2, 2019 – * – Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29, 2019
Wednesday, December 25, 2019 through Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- ****NOTICE OF BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS MEETING***** THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS WILL HAVE THEIR REGULAR BOARD MEETING ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2019 AT 11:00 AM ET. —BOARD MEETING AGENDA09-19— NOTE: The Board reserves the right to invoke the Open Meeting Act Provisions to close a meeting under Article 3-305(b). THERE WILL ALSO BE A MEETING OF THE HOUSING CORPORATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE HOUSING COMMISSION MEETING. **MEETINGS WILL BE HELD AT 7477 BALTIMORE-ANNAPOLIS BLVD, GLEN BURNIE, MD 20161 – 3RD FLOOR.**
- IMPORTANT NEWS!!
- ->RECENTLY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS REPORTED THAT MARYLAND PUBLIC HOUSING COMMUNITIES SCORED LOWEST IN THE NATION ON INSPECTIONS! Please note that our communities over the past 7 years have received an average inspection score of 87%; scoring as high as 94% some years. HCAAC never failed an inspection during this period.
- ->HOUSING COMMISSION RECEIVES 2018 NAHRO AWARD for the CHOICES program! The program supplements the Family Self Sufficiency Program by helping program families with GED preparation and testing, tuition and college needs, and other education and career services.
- ->EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2014 THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER WAITING LIST CLOSED – NO NEW APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THEREAFTER!!
- ->FREETOWN VILLAGE RAD CONVERSION AND RENOVATIONS BEGIN IN JUNE 2018. The community converted from public housing to project based assistance and under this public/private partnership will see the renovation of 154 existing units and the addition of 36 new apartments by the Summer of 2019. See more information on the Resident Info tab, under Rental Assistance Demonstration.
- ->The Housing Commission receives HIGH PERFORMER AWARD for FY 2014 through 2018 under HUD’s Section Eight Management Assessment Program! Congratulations to the staff, owners and program recipients!