Welcome to the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County…We are located in central Maryland just south of Baltimore and east of Washington, DC on the banks of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! The Commission is dedicated to strengthening communities and improving the lives of Anne Arundel County citizens focusing on the ownership, management, sustainability and preservation of affordable housing. Established in 1968, the Housing Commission is proud to have offered 50 years of affordable housing and related services to low and moderate income citizens of Anne Arundel County. The agency currently provides assistance to nearly 3,000 families throughout the county in effort to fulfill our mission to provide quality housing choices and affordable communities.
The Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County will honor the federal eviction moratorium and will not complete any eviction action for failure to pay rent until October 4, 2021. However, in cases whereby a unit has been vacated and the agency is unable to acquire possession, the agency may take such action as necessary (if possible under federal, state and local protocol) to obtain possession of the vacated unit in order to shelter applicants in dire need of affordable housing.The Governor and the County Executive have both declared EMERGENCY STATUS in our county and For your safety, you are asked to be prepared now for the COVID-19 virus and follow all protocol for safety so that you stay well. The Housing Commission will keep all buildings and functions operational, however we must do it from remote locations and employees may only be on site for isolated periods of time and will avoid contact with residents There will be no face-to-face meetings or appointments until further notice. Please contact your manager or agency contact via phone or email. A list is available HERE. We will not complete routine work orders until further notice, however technicians will handle emergency situations. This is to protect everyone from possible virus interaction. If your repair is not an emergency, please understand that we will complete it when the crisis has passed. We will not inspect units unless it is an emergency or to move into a vacant unit. The agency will keep updates posted at this location
RESIDENT INFO : ** NEW ** Housing Quality Standards Inspections Remote Virtual Inspections ADDRESSING RESIDENT CONCERNS DURING THE COVID-19 NATIONAL EMERGENCY
The Metamorphosis of our Portfolio: The HERITAGE Brand The Housing Commission will complete enhancements, upgrades and renovations at all of our public housing communities 2018-2023.
Utilizing the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) Program, the agency will convert all of its public housing communities to project-based rental assistance.
Acting as Developer, the agency has partnered with consultants, architects, and engineering firms and investors to complete all of the enhancements. Currently, Meade Village is projected to add 24 new market-rate units; Freetown Village is now Heritage at Freetown and has added 36 new market-rate units; creating communities with greater income diversity!
Pinewood Village, Pinewood East, Glen Square, and Stoney Hill (housing our elderly and disabled) will experience significant upgrades to units, common areas, and systems. Financing Plans for these communities are expected to be completed in 2020 for renovations to begin later that year through 2023.
Each community will undergo a rebrand also under the Heritage umbrella, with new names and color schemes to identify them!
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 16, 2021
– Face masks are mandatory for all visitors to HCAAC offices –
RESOURCE CENTER HOURS:
Tuesday – 12 Noon – 4 PM
Wednesday – 8 AM – 12 Noon
Thursday – 12 Noon – 4 PM
Saturday – CLOSED
Sunday – CLOSED
Main Contact Phone Number – 410-222-6200
Please note that all offices will be CLOSED on the following dates:
Friday, December 25, 2020 through Friday, January 1, 2021
Monday, January 18, 2021 · Monday, February 15, 2021 · Monday, May 31, 2021 · Friday, June 18, 2021
Monday, July 5, 2021 · Monday, September 6, 2021 · Thursday, November 11, 2021
Thursday and Friday, November 25 & 26, 2021 · Friday, December 24, 2021 through Friday, December 31, 2021
- IMPORTANT NEWS!!
- NOTICE OF VIRTUAL PUBLIC HEARING–Notice is hereby given that a Virtual Public Hearing will be held on Monday, March 15, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. for comment on the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County’s Annual Update of the Agency Plan to include the Capital Fund as required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The Plan will be available for review over the next 45 days at FY2021 Annual Update.The Public Hearing will be held virtually due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Virtual meeting login information will be available at www.hcaac.com prior to the meeting. Any person wishing to comment on the Commission’s Agency Plan may file his or her comments in writing with the Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Housing Commission at 7477 Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard, Glen Burnie, MD 21060 and/or at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 5, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. All comments will be included in the final plan before submission to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.<br>
- ****NOTICE OF BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS MEETING***** The Board of Commissioners will host their regular monthly meeting on Monday, September 20, 2021 at 11 AM. This will also be a virtual meeting. The Board Meeting Agenda is here—->BOARD MEETING AGENDA09-21
VIRTUAL MEETING INFORMATION HERE:—>Join Zoom Meeting https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85883250990?pwd=Qm5RZzEzQ01jMFdTcHdaRXo4Z3lJdz09
Meeting ID: 858 8325 0990
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 857 8173 1712
- ->HOUSING COMMISSION RECEIVES 2020 HUD AWARD for the FAMILY SELF SUFFICIENCY program! This program will receive over $206,000 for staff salaries to assist families with their educational, vocational and homeownership opportunities
- ->The Housing Commission receives HIGH PERFORMER AWARD for FY 2014 through 2019 under HUD’s Section Eight Management Assessment Program! Congratulations to the staff, owners and program recipients!