Welcome to the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County…We are located in central Maryland just south of Baltimore and east of Washington, DC on the banks of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! The Commission is dedicated to strengthening communities and improving the lives of Anne Arundel County citizens focusing on the ownership, management, sustainability and preservation of affordable housing. Established in 1968, the Housing Commission is proud to have offered 50 years of affordable housing and related services to low and moderate income citizens of Anne Arundel County. The agency currently provides assistance to nearly 3,000 families throughout the county in effort to fulfill our mission to provide quality housing choices and affordable communities.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PMMain Contact Phone Number – 410-222-6200 Please note that all offices will be CLOSED on the following dates: Monday, January 21, 2019 – * – Monday, February 18, 2019 – * – Monday, May 27, 2019 – * – Thursday, July 4, 2019 Monday, September 2, 2019 – * – Monday, November 11, 2019 – * – Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29, 2019 – * – Wednesday, December 25, 2019 through Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING Notice is hereby given that a Public Hearing will be held on Monday, March 18, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. for comment on the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County’s Annual Update of the Agency Plan to include the Capital Fund Program (CFP) as required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The Agency Plan will be available for review over the next 45 days at the Commission’s Administrative offices located at: 7477 Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard, Glen Burnie, MD 21061.The Public Hearing will be held at our Administrative Offices located at 7477 Baltimore-Annapolis Blvd., Glen Burnie, MD 21061. Any person wishing to comment on the Commission’s Agency Plan may file his or her comments in writing with the Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Housing Commission at 7477 Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard, Glen Burnie, MD 21061 no later than Friday, March 8, 2019 at 12:00 p.m., or may attend the Public Hearing. All comments will be included in the final plan before submittal to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- The Housing Commission celebrated the GRAND OPENING OF HERITAGE OVERLOOK on May 31, 2018 with many partners, residents, and elected officials in attendance. Over 80 guests participated in the event to officially open the 100 unit development that will house families with disabilities & families with children. This is the second phase of the Burwood Gardens re-development project that started in 2012 and now includes the 100 unit elderly community of Heritage Crest, which is adjacent to Heritage Overlook.
- ****NOTICE OF BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS MEETING***** THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS WILL HAVE THEIR REGULAR BOARD MEETING ON MONDAY, MARCH 18, 2019 AT 11:00 AM ET. — BOARD MEETING AGENDA03-19— NOTE: The Board reserves the right to invoke the Open Meeting Act Provisions to close a meeting under Article 3-305(b). IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Chair, in accordance with the By-Laws, has called a Special Meeting of the Board on Friday, March 29 at 12 PM to expedite an important matter. **MEETINGS WILL BE HELD AT 7477 BALTIMORE-ANNAPOLIS BLVD, GLEN BURNIE, MD 20161 – 3RD FLOOR.**
- IMPORTANT NEWS!! ->HOUSING COMMISSION RECEIVES 2018 NAHRO AWARD for the CHOICES program! The program supplements the Family Self Sufficiency Program by helping program families with GED preparation and testing, tuition and college needs, and other education and career services. ->EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2014 THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER WAITING LIST CLOSED – NO NEW APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THEREAFTER!!
- ->FREETOWN VILLAGE RAD CONVERSION AND RENOVATIONS BEGIN IN JUNE 2018. The community converted from public housing to project based assistance and under this public/private partnership will see the renovation of 154 existing units and the addition of 36 new apartments by the Summer of 2019. See more information on the Resident Info tab, under Rental Assistance Demonstration.
- ->The Housing Commission receives HIGH PERFORMER AWARD for FY 2014 through 2017 under HUD’s Section Eight Management Assessment Program! Congratulations to the staff, owners and program recipients!