Welcome to the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County…
We are located in central Maryland just south of Baltimore and east of Washington, DC on the banks of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! The Commission is dedicated to strengthening communities and improving the lives of Anne Arundel County citizens focusing on the ownership, management, sustainability and preservation of affordable housing.
Established in 1968, the Housing Commission continues over 45 years of affordable housing and related services to low and moderate income citizens of Anne Arundel County. The agency currently provides assistance to nearly 3,000 families throughout the county in effort to fulfill our mission to provide quality housing choices and affordable communities.
***SPECIAL NOTICE TO OWNERS AND LANDLORDS REGARDING VOUCHER RENT PAYMENTS – 2017 – CLICK HERE***
GREAT HOUSING NEWS IN 2017!
The Housing Commission is excited to embark on several major changes in 2017 and beyond, including the initial phase of conversion of Meade and Freetown Villages from public housing to a public/private voucher based community. Also, we have received the incredible news that Burwood Gardens final phase has been funded and it will be demolished and the new community of Heritage Overlook will be constructed in 2017.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Main Contact Phone Number – 410-222-6200
Please note that all offices will be CLOSED on the following dates:
Monday, January 16, 2017 – * – Monday, February 20, 2017 – * – Monday, May 29, 2016 – * – Tuesday, July 4, 2017
Monday, September 4, 2017 – * – Friday, November 10, 2017 – * – Thursday and Friday, November 23 and 24, 2017 – * – Monday, December 25, 2017 through Monday, January 1, 2018
- Notice is hereby given that a Public Hearing will be held on Monday, March 20, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. for comment on the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County’s Annual Update of the Agency Plan and Capital Fund annual statement as required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.The Agency Plan will be available for review over the next 45 days at the Commission’s Administrative offices located at: 7477 Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard, Glen Burnie, MD 21061.
The Public Hearing will be held at our Heritage Crest property located at 6670 Roberts Court, Glen Burnie, MD 21061. Any person wishing to comment on the Commission’s Agency Plan may file his or her comments in writing with the Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Housing Commission at 7477 Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard, Glen Burnie, MD 21060 no later than Friday, March 10, 2017 at 8:00 a.m., or may attend the Public Hearing. All comments will be included in the final plan before submittal to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS WILL HAVE THEIR REGULAR BOARD MEETING ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2017 AT 11:00 AM ET. NOTE: The Board reserves the right to invoke the Open Meeting Act Provisions to close a meeting under Article 3-305(b). BOARD MEETING AGENDA 02-17
**ALL REGULAR MEETINGS WILL BE HELD AT 7477 BALTIMORE-ANNAPOLIS BLVD, 3RD FLOOR, GLEN BURNIE, MD 21061.
- REGIONAL PROJECT BASED VOUCHER PROGRAM NOTICE!– Conditional Award of Vouchers – Public Notice— The Baltimore Regional PBV Program has made a conditional award of sixteen (16) project-based vouchers to Dorsey Overlook, LLLP in Ellicott City. HCAAC is a partner agency in this program. For additional information, contact Dan Pontious, Housing Policy Coordinator, at (410) 732-0500 x1055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IMPORTANT NEWS!!
->HOUSING COMMISSION AWARDED 15 VETERANS AFFAIRS SUPPORTIVE HOUSING (VASH) VOUCHERS BY HUD! This program is now in operation, referrals are made to HCAAC by the Veterans Affairs Office.
->EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2014 THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER WAITING LIST CLOSED – NO NEW APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THEREAFTER!!.
- The Board of Commissioners in December 2013 approved the submission of applications to convert the public housing communities to a more feasible affordable housing scenario, possibly using Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Private Financing and Project Based Rental Assistance. HUD has received the applications from HCAAC and we have received conditional approvals for Meade Village and Freetown Village. Official correspondence regarding all of the public housing communities is expected in February or March of 2015. The agency has tentatively planned to do substantial rehabilitation of the communities and will likely see project based rental assistance replace the public housing operating subsidy. There is no expectation to relocate residents or complete any demolition or disposition. More news to come later in 2015. See more information on the Resident Info tab, under Rental Assistance Demonstration.
- The Housing Commission receives HIGH PERFORMER AWARD for FY 2014, 2015 AND 2016 under HUD’s Section Eight Management Assessment Program! Congratulations to the staff, owners and program recipients!