HCAAC Hours of OperationNOTICE - The Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County will be altering public office hours to 8:00AM - 4:30PM, Monday through Friday, beginning Monday, May 13th, 2013.
BOARD MEETING NOTICEThis is a notice that the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County will hold their board meeting on Thursday, April, 18 2013 at 8:30AM, at 7477 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd., Glen Burnie, MD 21061, in the third floor conference room. ***The Commissioners will have a closed session at the end of this board meeting***
SPECIAL BOARD MEETINGThe Board of Commissioners of the Housing Commission will be meeting at 8:30 AM on Monday, April 1, 2013 for the purpose of finalizing the submission of the Agency Plan for 2013. The meeting will be held at 7477 Baltimore-Annapolis Blvd, 3rd Floor, Conference Room.
Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Housing Choice Voucher Program provides rental assistance to help low income persons afford decent and safe rental housing. The Programs are funded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and administered by public housing agencies throughout the country. The Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County (HCAAC) is the housing agency that administers the Program for Anne Arundel County citizens.
A person selected to participate in the Housing Choice Voucher program is issued a rental voucher and is then free to locate a dwelling unit suitable to the family's needs and desires in the private rental market. Once the family selects a unit, HCAAC must inspect the unit before initial leasing and at least annually thereafter to ensure that the unit meets HUD Housing Quality Standards (HQS). Once the unit passes the housing standards inspection, HCAAC will enter into a Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contract with the Owner who leases the unit to the family. Thereafter, HCAAC pays a portion of the rent, the HAP, to the owner on behalf of the family.
Under the rental voucher program, the family is generally required by regulation to pay approximately 30-40% of adjusted monthly income toward rent and utilities. The Housing Assistance Payment made by HCAAC to the Owner generally pays the remaining 60% of the approved contract rent. For more information on the Housing Choice Voucher Program, please contact us.